Monday, April 18, 2011

The Diary of a Bible

Jan. 15 -- Been resting for a week. A few nights after the first of the year my owner opened me, but no more. Another New Year’s resolution gone wrong.

Feb. 3 -- Owner picked me up and rushed off to Sunday school.

Feb. 23 -- Cleaning day, dusted and put back in my place.

April 2 -- Busy day. Owner had to present the lesson at a church society meeting. Quickly looked up a lot of references.

May 5 -- In Grandma's lap again, a comfortable place.

May 9 -- She let a tear fall on John 14:1-3.

May 10 -- Grandma's gone. Back in my old place.

May 20 -- Baby born. They wrote his name on one of my pages.

July 1 -- Packed in a suitcase -- off for a vacation.

July 20 -- Still in the suitcase. Almost everything else taken out.

July 25 - Home again. Quite a journey, though I don't see why I went.

Aug. 16 -- Cleaned again and put in a prominent place; the minister is to be here for dinner.

Aug. 20 -- Owner wrote Grandma's death in my family record. He left his extra pair of glasses between my pages.

Dec. 31-- Owner just found his glasses. Wonder if he will make any resolutions about me for the new year.


==========
'Sin will keep you from this Book - or - this Book will keep you from sin"- D.L. Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment