Thursday, April 7, 2011

Welcome to my Theo-blog

Welcome to my Theo-blog -- a compendium of quotes and thoughts dealing with theology in a practical key -- along with a bit of fun. 

So I will begin it with a thought provoking quote from one of my favorite books: A.W. Tozer's, The Knowledge of the Holy


"A right conception of God is basic not only to systematic theology but to practical Christian living as well. I believe there is scarcely an error in doctrine or a failure in applying Christian ethics that cannot be traced finally to imperfect and ignoble thoughts about God.



It is my opinion that the Christian conception of God current today [1961] is so decadent as to be utterly beneath the dignity of the Most High God and actually to constitute for professed believers something amounting to a moral calamity ... The man who comes to a right belief about God is relieved often of a thousand moral problems."

3 comments:

  1. You are off to a fabulous start, Steve!

    AMR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added you to my "google reader" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that thought provoking quote

    might just be sharing it as a FB status sometime in the not too distant future

    ReplyDelete