Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Question to remove the "Intellectual Objection" Fog

After discussing the claims of Christ with a PhD student on the SMU campus and finding that the response was a barrage of the usual questions, I asked.

"If I could answer all of your questions to your satisfaction, would you accept Christ as your Savior and serve Him as your Lord?"


The answer was, "No."

My reply was, "Well then you do not have an intellectual problem with Christ."

He said, "What do you mean?"

I replied, "I mean you yourself said you would not accept Christ even if all your questions were answered to your satisfaction. So the issue can't be intellectual, I am wondering if it is moral. Moral in the sense that if you acknowledge Christ is Lord it places you under His authority and in need of repentance, forgiveness and surrender of your will to His. Could that be the real issue ??? -- you want to control your life and do not want to surrender that control."

He replied, "You are probably right."

No comments:

Post a Comment