Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Image

The Image


"It happened years ago, but I've never forgotten it. I was singing and speaking at a small midwestern college. During an informal seminar in one of the dorm lounges, a couple came in late.

I couldn't help noticing something odd about them. The girl was very attractive, close to cover-girl standards. The guy looked as if he had just walked off the set for The Nerds. He was short, wore thick horn-rimmed glasses and a plaid short-sleeved shirt. He was definitely a candidate for getting sand kicked in his face.

But the strangest thing of all was that these two were obviously in love. What could she possibly see in him? I asked myself. Suddenly I realized — she was blind.

But what did she see in him? Everything. Everything that's important about who a person is, what love is, and what a real man is. She saw everything she needed to know about him. Blessed are the blind, for they can see people as they really are. Woe to those who can see, for they will constantly be tripped up by the image."


-- John Fischer, Real Christians Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment