Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I hired someone to do my worrying for me

Two long time friends made a lunch appointment to catch up with each other.

After a bit of conversation, Bob realized a big change in his friend Bill. He was surprised that Bill (whom he knew to be a chronic worrier about everything in life) was care free in demeanor and upbeat in his conversation.

Eventually Bob summoned the courage to inquire, "Bill, you are different! You normally are quite worried and dominate the conversation with your concerns. But today you have not mentioned any of these and seem very chipper. What happened?"

Bill smiled and replied,"Yeah, you're right. I am chipper. I hired someone to do my worrying for me."

"Someone to do your worrying for you?" Bob replied. "How does that work?"

"Well, I just call or email this person I hired with my concerns and problems and he worries for me. It's great!"

Bob, still trying to comprehend this, asked "Sounds interesting, do you mind me asking what a service like that costs?"

"It's not cheap. In fact, he charges $5,000 per week."

Bob was even more perplexed and blurted out, "How can you afford that much? You're up to your eyeballs in debt!"

Bill, smiled and said, "Well, that's his problem, isn't it?"
 
-----

"Cast all your cares on Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment